Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: iraq: reasons for or against, soliders, safety, etc
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=5549&mesg_id=5629
5629, RE: iraq: reasons for or against, soliders, safety, etc
Posted by legion3030, Mon Mar-31-03 04:58 PM
how does this hurt Haliburton? i understand that oil prices would drop with the new open source of oil, but if the company thats in control of the oil is the same as the one that lines our "leaders" pockets how does that hurt them? thats more money for them if they're in control. And besides opening up these fields will drop oil prices wich while maybe not necessarily good for the the market is good for britain who gets alot of their oil form the middle east, and for americans who like to drive suv's that guzzle gas.
and while sadam may at some point pose a threat he was neutered pretty effectively by the UN after the first gulf war, and who does he pose a threat to? not the US. the country he poses the bigest threat to is Israel which is a completely seperate depate (which if you want to get into i will but ill just leave it for now). and to be honest if the rest of the middle east feels threated by him let them take care of him. he cant hit us with missles, and as i stated in my post before i dont think the threat of him selling weapons of mass destruction to terrorists is really a big threat (im much more scared by N. Korea who bush seems to like to pretend doesnt exist, and if there is a threat to american security there it is).

this isnt meant to come off nasty as im sure some of it does.. i would really like you to answer these questions for me if you can, im allways looking to gain new knowlege and perspective