Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: iraq: reasons for or against, soliders, safety, etc
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=5549&mesg_id=5598
5598, RE: iraq: reasons for or against, soliders, safety, etc
Posted by 1on1, Mon Mar-24-03 08:45 PM
This is to the previous post, I really appreciate your insight. I don't want to come off as mean, but I was really tired of all the complaints. It's good to see someone with insight on the subject and actually making some sense, unlike others. I also want to say that I don't consider protesters "anti-troop" or "pro-Saddam" as you put it. I just wanted to hear someone that had another solution to this problem and not just talk, because talk is cheap. I think that between '91 and '03, if Saddam did not respect the UN weapons inspectors then it's time to do something different. I think that he is a tyrannical dictator that will not comply with anything but force. Look at the way his soldiers are fighting the war, ambushing troops after fake surrenders, killing P.O.W's. I don't think a peaceful outcome would have been possible with him, but you are intitled to your opinion. And concerning these other countries, these are the same countries that American soldiers helped fight to free. That's really ironic don't you think. America is a successful nation and will be hated by someone regardless. Anyway thank you for your insight and write back with your thoughts on this.
I would like to address one last issue and this is message #12 posted by aquaman. You have a lot of nerve don't you? I just read what you said about the P.O.W's being a "staged hoax" to rally support for the troops. How dare you make light of those men and women with husbands, wives and children and don't know if they'll live to see the next day. I took that as really disrespectful. How about you go out to Iraq and ask "Was that bullet that paralyzed you real or staged"? I don't know if you know this, but some have already been killed. Please don't make anymore posts to make me see you as anymore of an inconsiderate jackass. You can hate Bush 'till your death bed, but don't make light of the sacrifices made by our troops. I don't know why I entertained that foolishness with a response but I had to let you know you were wayyyyyyyyyyyy out of line. 1on1. I'm out.