Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: iraq: reasons for or against, soliders, safety, etc
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=5549&mesg_id=5596
5596, RE: iraq: reasons for or against, soliders, safety, etc
Posted by 1on1, Mon Mar-24-03 05:46 PM
This message is specifically for Aquaman:

I was reading how you so adamantly hate President Bush and are so anti-war. My question to you and to everyone else is what other options are there about stopping a ruler that not only ordered an attack on his own people with chemical weapons, but also rejoiced publically after 9-11. Is it your opinion that this man could not very well be the next Hitler if not stopped? If you don't know your history, Hitler started off by capturing surrounding countries. If I do recall Saddam did the same in '91 when he invaded bordering Iran. The Iraqi people themselves are rejoicing to be rid of Saddam. It really bothers me when people are demeaning the purpose of my sister fighting in Iraq. These soldiers are out there defending our country from the threat of futher terrorist attacks. I think that Bush is doing what is best for the country. It has nothing to do with oil or whatever else people are saying. For god sakes, had something been done about Bin Laden when he first bombed the world trade center when Clinton was in office that could have prevented 9-11!!! That being said this war is for prevention of threats to our national security. Sometimes when things happen you have to stand alone, and I'm glad that our president is taking a stand and doing something about a terrorist ruler. I also encourage everyone to wear or post a yellow ribbon in support of the "real heros" out there in Iraq. Oh yeah, about the whole war is of the devil, I don't understand that. If that was the case then why did God help his people fight and win wars in the bible. The whole wall of Jericho and all of the other biblical wars, what about them. Well not to discredit or disrespect anyones religious beliefs but I've read and now I am speaking my mind. I'm tired of hearing people complaining about how wrong war is when they aren't offering any other solutions. True, if we lived in a perfect world we wouldn't need war, but we are nowhere near that. Let's be real. 1on1. I'm out.

Dedicated to all the American P.O.W'S and casualties,
and to my sister,
I love you Kris,
Do your job and come home safe.