Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: I'm at a loss for words... but not really
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=5549&mesg_id=5589
5589, RE: I'm at a loss for words... but not really
Posted by gordongecko, Mon Mar-24-03 12:02 PM
i respect your opinion and do sympathize with cases like Diallo and as i am sure millions just like that. dirty cops did bad bad things, so what is the point of just dwelling on it. what are you doing to change any of that? however there are always going to be problems both domestically and foreign. but ignoring things until they blow up in your face is not the right way to go. state governments have to be held responsible for some of this unjust behavior. they hire the cops, postmen and all of that. it is not just federal.
i don't know, i mean neither extreme approach ,right or left wing is very good. people get caught up in the moment and the middle ground has vanished due to heightened opinions. i for one am neither pro war; whatever that crazy statement means, or pro sit around and flash peace signs until the problem goes away.
It is obvious that Saddam is a fucking tyrant as well as his murderous sons. So barring war what would you have done to get rid of him? i mean torturing his own people is pretty fucking wrong. any way you look at it? well thank goodness it is almost 4:20.