Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectMy thoughts...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=5388&mesg_id=5501
5501, My thoughts...
Posted by Kaorazen Obsidian Mojo, Thu Apr-10-03 05:17 PM
if you believe that God is omnipresent, omnipotent, omniscient, and all of that other stuff, then you basically believe that God knows everything, can do anything, and basically exists in all points of time at the same time. So in a sense, the universe is like a book that God has already put together up in his/her/it's head. If so, our linear existance is kinda like the book being written down on paper. So, if everything has already been put together in God's head because he/she/it already knows everything that is going to happen because he/she/it already thought it up, then I would say, that no, we do not have free will. Because if God already knows what I am going to do, then I can not necessarily do anything that God doesn't already expect to happen, to surprise God with an action that he/she/it doesn't already see will in essence prove that God doesn't know eveything. And if God exists in all points of time at the same time, then God is either interfering at all times or not interfering at all, because everything that has ever happened and everything that is going to happen is being seen by God at the same exact moment. If God didn't see all of this being played out at at the same exact moment, then God wouldn't necessarily know exactly what was going to take place because he/she/it woudn't be omnipresent, if he/she/it isn't already there in the future whnfuture events are taking place. So to say we have free will is to say that we as characters in God's book can do something that is beyond hisher/it's grasp to create or control, which would prove that this isn't God's book because he/she/it isn't writing it alone. An if he/she/it isn't writing it alone, then this omnipresent, omnipotent, omniscient God doesn't exist. Well, that's one theory.

"Stop the prayers... hit the snooze... go next week...
...hell, dont' even go at all.
If God is everywhere, why should we even go to church if he's sittin' right next to you on the couch?
Who even knows if there is a God anyway.
The church is nothing but a farce... a way to judge you.
You have to take control of your own life... YOU are your only judge.
Save yourself the headache... do something valuable with your time.
And if there is a God... he'll forgive you.
Hey, I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."-Sean O'Haire
-----------------------------
EVERWARRIORS.

"Stop the prayers... hit the snooze... go next week...
...hell, dont' even go at all.
If God is everywhere, why should we even go to church if he's sittin' right next to you on the couch?
Who even knows if there is a God anyway.
The church is nothing but a farce... a way to judge you.
You have to take control of your own life... YOU are your only judge.
Save yourself the headache... do something valuable with your time.
And if there is a God... he'll forgive you.
Hey, I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."-Sean O'Haire

The Illuminatus! Trilogy
By Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson
Ultra-Condensed by David J. Parker

The Illuminati are a secret society that (DRUGS SEX DRUGS) control everything in the world (SEX DRUGS SEX) including all governments, financial institutions, and (DRUGS SEX DRUGS) intelligence agencies. No, they're not. Well, yes they are but not really. (SEX DRUGS SEX) They originated in Bavaria in 1776 (DRUGS SEX DRUGS). No, actually they go all the way back to Atlantis. No, (SEX DRUGS SEX) Atlantis never really existed. Yes it did. It's not just one society (DRUGS SEX DRUGS), it's a whole bunch of them (SEX DRUGS SEX) together. No, it's just one, and they go all the way back to Atlantis, which never (DRUGS SEX DRUGS) existed, oh yes it did. They've had an uninterrupted existence since 30,000 years ago (SEX DRUGS SEX) -- no they actually only go back as far as the 1800s (DRUGS SEX DRUGS). Fnord.

Young people deserve better than the example most adults are providing for them.-Ultimate Warrior

www.KAORAZEN.com