Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Question
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=5388&mesg_id=5468
5468, RE: Question
Posted by iMaNinja, Mon Apr-07-03 06:47 AM
see im not sayin dont doubt... cuz im goin through a big period of doubt right now its like a routine for me though. and yeah i agree that faith without reason is the substance of ignorance. But at the same time theres no way to logically PROVE theres a God so you have to take a big leap of faith there and hope that when you're coming up with reasons you believe in God you're not bullshittin yourself.

About the Truth of the Bible thing what I finally settled on (which im not saying everyone should settle on) was that if God was gonna give us the Bible as a way to live he would protect it somehow and keep it perfect wouldnt he do at least that because wihtout that all faith becomes really confusing so I just assume that he'll hold me to every word of that book. It might sound naive but I dont think it is. As far as people putting their own agendas into it i dont see why they wouldnt actually make the Bible agree with them if they were gonna change it. You name me one denomination or sect of Christianity that actualy follows the Bible. Cu z even though the Catholics put it together why does the Bible support almost none of the Catholic ceremonies, priesthoods and organizations. Maybe i just made all this shit up though i dont know im as confused as anybody.
Peace