Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Is Evil really Evil?.....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=5388&mesg_id=5443
5443, RE: Is Evil really Evil?.....
Posted by Kozmikblak, Fri Apr-04-03 02:53 AM

>Response: ...however God is creator of everything.
>
>>.....for anyone to conceive of evil God had to make that possible therefore God knows and knew evil before creation so how do you know that God is not capable of using or doing evil?....
>
>Response: Well I would argue that God made evil possible,
>but man made it actual. God could not commit evil because God cannot even look at evil or approve evil.
>
>Habakkuk 1:13
>Your eyes are too pure to approve evil,
>And You can not look on wickedness with favor.
>Why do You look with favor
>On those who deal treacherously?
>Why are You silent when the wicked swallow up
>Those more righteous than they?
>
>Of course God knew there was going to be evil in the world. But again evil is not a being, it is an intent.

Where does Satan, Morning Star, Iblyis, Lucifer, Beelzabub, The Devil fit into all of this? Is it not a being of pure evil since it's billed as the exact opposite of, in direct opposition to, God
---------------
>>So you just contradicted your yes because if good can come
>>from evil than evel can't be that bad.
>
>Response: No I did not contridict myself. Because I said
>God can use evil for a good. The one being described as
>good is God, not the evil. The ones committing the evil
>have no desire to do God's will. God is using them like
>instruments in order to bring about his will.
>
But God brought about its' will (good) by using the instrument evil. If good can come about by using evil then evil can't be that bad. Which brings about the contradiction that God doesn't do or use evil when you just stated that God USES evil like a instrument to bring about (good) its' will
-------------
>Evil is that bad, because it is direct opposition to the one
>that is truely good. And nothing in opposition to the
>creator can ever be seen as good. Or that bad. (or not that bad)

-----------
Quotes:
"I don't blame Tiger Woods, but I overstand the mental poison that's even worse than drugs" -nas poison

"For trees to grow in Brooklyn seeds need to be planted. I asked, "can you feel it?" and the crowd left me stranded" -Talib kweli

"Hip Hop, a way of life it doesn't tell you how to raise a child or treat a wife" -Q-tip A tribe called Quest

"...Cats sip champagne to toast death and pain like slaves on a ship talking about who has the flyest chain" -Talib Kweli Black Star

"We're the renegade we're the people with our own philosophy, we change the course of history. Everyday people like you and me." Afrika Bambaataa and the Soulsonic force Renegades of funk