Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectoh yeah.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=5388&mesg_id=5400
5400, oh yeah.
Posted by Utamaroho, Tue Apr-01-03 07:26 AM
faith is more fundamental than critique and asking questions...for it is BUILT UPON nothing. it is the belief in things unseen and unheard, yadda yadda, yadda...

if you have faith, your parameters for information challenging is AUTOMATICALLY skewed.

if i have FAITH in how and why electricity works...then any questioning (based off my belief) will naturally PROVE that it does. my brain will WORK and WORK HARD to find explanation and solutions to any question i could possibly come up with. it's like when you set parameters to a problem and spend energy looking for an answer that might exist OUTSIDE of those parameters...you'll find or CREATE something to explain why you can or can't find what you'r looking for.

same thing with philosophical christian thought. the only thing is...in areas where there ARE no answers, answers are usually created or generated by means OUTSIDE of divine text, or at its simplest "best guesses" based on texts and opinion.

why? because some ideologies are just NOT comfortable saying "i don't know" when it's approached by something unfamiliar. it's sad, but happens.