Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectLOL. I see what you're saying. But...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=5388&mesg_id=5398
5398, LOL. I see what you're saying. But...
Posted by McDeezNuts, Tue Apr-01-03 08:04 AM
You said this in your first response:
2) an attempt to simply "talk" about concepts about a realm (being God) that above reproach by its very creation (if you believe in popular God concepts) and just a way of "us" trying to understand our place in a system. this is problematic since "we" are observing and discussing within an already created set of parameters about something that (by definition) exists OUTSIDE of those parameters. this makes the discussion pointless, or as my ancestors said of the greeks "full of empty talk and nothing more".

So again, if we're discussing something that exists outside our own parameters of understanding, isn't that akin to saying that mankind can't understand every possibility (because we're operating within the system we are discussing)?

>why not simply ask what i believe like you did at the end
>before imposing these assumptions on me and "mankind"? THAT
>would be wise.

I should have, I suppose. But I didn't realize that I was placing restrictions by saying that there are more possibilities than we can realize. If anything, the only limit I placed is that there are some options which exist but will never occur to us. Although that doesn't mean that all of the options which do occur are necessarily wrong...

Better yet, do you think there is ANY answer
>i could give that would allow you to believe that there even
>"might" be an ideology that doesn't limit itself?

I'm sure there is, but it would take a lot of understanding before I was ready to agree that there were no limitations...

>if you
>answer "no" (as evidenced by your responses to me) then you
>might get an idea into what i'm talking about as far as how
>potentially damaging that mode of thinking is.

This I agree with. LOL

>you might be asking yourself then (as you alluded to in you
>example of me not believing in God) as to how someone might
>be able to reconcile seemingly irreconcilable diffrences and
>seemingly or "outright" contradictory ideologies???
>
>to that i just offer you this:
>
>*smile*
>
>"the lips of wisdom are open to the the ears of
>understanding."
>
>nihilist. no.

Okay, so give it a go. I'll listen.