Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: While my ideas are my own
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=5336&mesg_id=5384
5384, RE: While my ideas are my own
Posted by Federisco, Tue Apr-08-03 09:35 AM
I agree with the paragraphs above and below "However, that doesn't mean to think small".. i think you are on point there! (The first paragraph and the second last one almost contradicts eachother abit, thats why im not saying i agree with those.)

When it comes to what to use, what posts and topics to include and avoid:
If we are to have some criteria, at least it would be best to use a criteria that has nothing to do with any stance, topic, agenda. I believe. Such a good criteria could for example be whether "respect for the game" has been shown (abit vague, but).
....abit along these lines (from a university's publication, about how criticism from students is to be brought forward): "It is important that the criticism is as objective as it is constructive. One should also not forget to emphasize positive aspects. It is purposeless to criticize if you cannot provide good arguments for your criticism, and also if you cannot bring forward constructive suggestions for imporvements."

(the last part: "it is purposeless to criticize if you cannot bring forward constructive suggestions for improvements" ..in okayplayer language i think that translates to "No use posting criticism if your criticism isn't done out of respect for the discussion and is not constructive for others.")