Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectthat's why i'm saying that the internet remains the bes
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=5336&mesg_id=5357
5357, that's why i'm saying that the internet remains the bes
Posted by poetx, Wed Apr-02-03 03:21 AM
forum for it.

the 'value' of the project would come in the organization/categorization of as much of the disparate topics discussed here so that it would become a true resource.

as such, it would not be an end in and of itself. and the things i was talking about (in reference to the project/site promoting critical analysis and research skills) would be very clear about that -- its 'buyer beware' with the posts/articles themselves indicating that if you see a book or site quoted within, and are serious about understanding/incorporating that bit of knowledge, you need to do the work to check out the original source.

as far as copyright, etc., there'd have to be a whole gang of disclaimers, etc., up in there, but one of the best means of protection (imho) would be in keeping it free. some law heads up in here may be able to elaborate, but quoting a paragraph from a relevant book (within a post) is cool. reprinting the entire first 3 chapters would not be. unless the works are public domain and widely available elsewhere for free (translations of the book of coming forth by day and by night, etc.,).

but if somebody wanted to be put up on 'fasting' -- pros, cons, health, spiritual effects, etc., a well indexed (and, in some cases, carefully edited) re-presentation of stuff in the archives would be a valuable resource. it wouldn't be the be-all and end-all, but if you live in an area where you just don't have a lot of information on the subject (and don't have any means of filtering through the vast amounts of stuff on the net), this would be a big help.

peace & blessings,

x.

"I'm on the Zoloft to keep from killing y'all." - Iron Mike