Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectThoughts
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=5336&mesg_id=5349
5349, Thoughts
Posted by M2, Tue Apr-01-03 12:39 PM

-To my knowledge there isn't a User Agreement associated with this site, so who exactly owns the rights to the posts on this board? The Poster or whatever Organization owns this web site?

-While I don't have anything against this project per se, I was midly disturbed by the fact that it seems that it "appears" that only "certain" opinions are going to be published, while others will be deemed as not fitting within a schema that only certain people will get to define.

For instance - Expertise - now despite the fact that I was accused of being Expertise or having his same political views when I first posted here and was accused of such several times after that -- I've often been his most vehement opponent. YET, I still don't think that his views should be kept out of the book - if they're in the archives.

Dig?

The archives are supposed to represent the breadth of the views presented here -- so I don't think views should be squelched or removed.

In fact, I'm sure that plenty of people don't think my views on various things belong here either or in a book about activist - BUT, its still one of the views being presented here and it would be inaccurrate to leave it out.

In other words, I think the editors should represent a good cross section of political views so that the threads aren't being chosen merely to represent one school of thought.

If that isn't done - the threads themselves will be edited and lose their value, not to mention the fact that the book becomes a propaganda piece for one school of thought.

Finally, a lot of planning on the business end with regards to where the proceeds ago, assigning rights for one's work, etc, needs to occur to make this happen.

-M2

Also - I think that the biggest decision/problem/issue with respect to this project is going to be deciding how to edit and present a particular thread -- a universal format would have to be created in order to determine how to write up each thread and present each part of the discussion.