Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjecthey poetx :) don't get caught up in that i had the idea
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=5336&mesg_id=5345
5345, hey poetx :) don't get caught up in that i had the idea
Posted by Federisco, Wed Apr-02-03 04:38 AM
before. as long as the idea is there.

>its (the website) FREE. (which is important, cuz the folks who need this
>info the most are those w/out $$$s).

yes, because the only way a book could match that is if we went truly underground/indy. (i'm still fascinated by that thou.. for example that at the end of each copy of the book there is a page describing how to further duplicate and distribute the book itself. what tools to use, different methodes to use, estimated expenditures, ways of distributing.)

>i envision it as an *ahem* alternative about.com.
>
>what you interested in... health? ok, click here.
>
>religion? boom.
>
>history? there it is.

It is the best way to present the wealth of knowledge, definitely. But we (us interested in this.. we already have quest4knowledge carrying the idea on.. and solarus, m2, poetx, firebrand, aquaman, the casm, ugotsumbigteef, moi ++) have to agree now about whether to do a book or a website.

One suggestion is to leave the book for the future, and do the website now. (And then, if putting the book idea on ice takes away the encouragement for some (i know because i'm one), one way to avoid conflict is: dont. Instead move the encouragement onto building a solid web site, which in the future might be an even better foundation for a book.)