Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: so highly syncretized
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=5123&mesg_id=5249
5249, RE: so highly syncretized
Posted by Kala Akbar, Sat Apr-12-03 06:04 AM
A large part of that was due to British colonialism. And hold up for me to say that there was no conflict between Hindus and Muslims ever would be ignorant. Of course there has been. Partition ruined a lot of harmony at least when it came to political issues. This animosity has seeped in to the socio/cultural area. However, the BJP isn't as representative as you might think. They're strong but not that strong. However, their power seems to be growing as is the other great revisioners, the Islamic fundamentalists. These cats want to basically Arabize in the name of Islam. But trying to make Bangladesh like the Saudi Arabian government would be probably be the most antiIslamic thing I could imagine. But back to syncretization, I think the reality and strength of it over history and even today(although admittedly it is waning in some parts of South Asia). I mean the BJP would have to ban Indian classical music if they wanted to establish the true Hindu Swaraj considering the tremendous Islamic influence on that genre of music and others.The fuckin spinning wheel on their flag was introduced by Muslims!BJP is basically try to coerce its Hindu constituents into beleiveing their agenda probably using Mahmud-Al Ghazni as their emotional tool and also a lot of their constituents' poverty to eradicate Muslims and blame them for everything.