Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectThe revolution will not be televised-
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=5026&mesg_id=5074
5074, The revolution will not be televised-
Posted by T_Dawg, Thu Mar-27-03 06:33 AM
But the war is....
Anybody else have a problem with how the media is scrambling to get the "scoop"? How immoral is it for a televised version of murder in armed conflict, and to have all these taglines like " Showdown with Saddam"and "Shock and Awe" does it seem 2 u that it's licensing that pretty soon they'll have action figures depicting the key players as "G.I. Joe & Cobra" Anybody like this sh*t like Dan Rather or whoever the f*ck his name is reporting from the front lines? I don't know but it just seems like it's got a watered down effect that people can't see.
I was watching that shock & awe thing and all these people around me were hooting & hollering and I was the only one who realized right away we were watching actual human death. Noone else saw that.I had to say something to a couple of people andthen they were so cavalier about it it didn't seem real. Might as well have been a movie or made for t.v. movie.

War with Iraq As seen on T.V. God help us all

Trying to get a good response I ain't ignorin ya Sampaguita but I need some good input on reactions on the corproate side...It isn't that that is my only news source (corporate t.v.) but for a lot of people it is. And that's what i'm tryin ta tap into...