Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectWeaker than before......
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=502&mesg_id=637
637, Weaker than before......
Posted by M2, Fri Jul-09-04 05:42 AM

1. Have I said anything about my life or self-promoting in this thread?

No.

When I refer to it in other threads, they're merely as personal anecdotes that back up my primary thesis and aren't for the purpose of self promotion.

Unlike your constant stream of "Hey I'm a conservative" so I'm better than everyone posts, "Ask Expertise Ver X" threads or the "Please read my blog" part of your sig file.

If I was truly looking to promote myself rather than add value - I wouldn't start threads where people can ask me advice, as at the end of the day, OkP isn't going to promote my career - LOL.

2. Would you throw me in the same category politically or idealogy wise as Sowell or McWhorter with regards to Black People?

No.

Yet, I agree with Cosby 100% - and I said I agreed with him the last time this stuff was posted.

I even agree with McWhorter to some extent and have said so in the past.

Why?

Because the sum total of our beliefs as indicated by our words and actions, are completely different.

The same goes for Cosby.

Cosby criticizes Blacks who don't take advantage of the options available to them and than flies the ones who DO take advantage on his private Jet to pick out a college which he wil then pay for:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/EDUCATION/07/08/cosby.students.ap/index.html

My sig criticizes Blacks who don't manage their money well - and I spend my time teaching Blacks about Money Mgt. who want to learn.

Like I said before - what do Sowell & McWhorter do that should make me believe they operate within the same idealogical context as Cosby?

Furthermore, do they do anything for Blacks other than criticize?

Well?

Until you can prove that and answer the original damn question - my point still stands.

See, I agreed with you that Cosby said things that McWhorter and Sowell have said in the past - just that the meaning and implications were diffent due to their overall belief systems being vastly different.

Something you can't truly disagree with - so instead you're just reaching for an argument because I called out your boys.

-M2