Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectYou're not talking about context.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=502&mesg_id=636
636, You're not talking about context.
Posted by Expertise, Fri Jul-09-04 03:20 AM
There isn't a real argument you're making. All you want to do is try to show that Cosby gives more to charities and the like than Sowell and McWhorter supposedly do (you really don't know what they give), hence, that's supposed to show more "intent" and somehow, make him more credible.

Cosby is a multimillionaire, having made his money in entertainment and business ventures. But I wasn't talking about charities or philantrophy, I was talking about the statements both are making at hand.

Context has to do with the statements both have made. As I said before, "Cosby hasn't said anything Sowell or McWhorter hasn't said". You haven't shown there is a difference. To show a difference, you would actually point out what they've said that contradicts what Cosby said. All you're doing is using a straw man argument to divert from my initial statement.

Of course, your egocentric attitude shelters you from actually seeing that. Instead, you spend half the time on this thread making irrelevant statements, then spend the other half promoting yourself on a internet message board trying to make yourself look like a big deal.

"Are you saying there's no qualified black Democrats out there to be veep? I mean, he didn't even consider them. I mean 94% of the black population votes for the Democrat candidate every four years, and no black leaders were even demanding it! They weren't even demanding it.

So we're thinking, okay, who would be somebody that could really shake it up? And we came up with one man. We came up with a name, folks: Donovan McNabb. Kerry-McNabb. The only problem is neither of them could carry Philadelphia." - Rush Limbaugh