Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectI didn't duck anything.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=502&mesg_id=634
634, I didn't duck anything.
Posted by Expertise, Wed Jul-07-04 11:56 PM
This subject isn't about the "intent", although you nor I know what either Sowell or McWhorter intends in regards to the advancement of black people (all you're saying is what you THINK they intend). The question is whether these things were known before Cosby said something about them, and no doubt they were.

Just because someone actually gives a bunch of money to charity and the like, while noble, does not all of a sudden make them a credible authority to fixing a problem within that sphere. Cosby could give a billion dollars to education programs, but that doesn't mean he's more credible than actual educators that have been working with the system; one of them, I might add, that has been for a span of 5 different decades.

So "intent" is irrelevant. Intent does not necessarily produce results. If that was the case, communism would actually work. Nor do you know what they truly intend.

And you, of all people, actually commenting on someone else's ego? Ha. You got a nerve.

"Are you saying there's no qualified black Democrats out there to be veep? I mean, he didn't even consider them. I mean 94% of the black population votes for the Democrat candidate every four years, and no black leaders were even demanding it! They weren't even demanding it.

So we're thinking, okay, who would be somebody that could really shake it up? And we came up with one man. We came up with a name, folks: Donovan McNabb. Kerry-McNabb. The only problem is neither of them could carry Philadelphia." - Rush Limbaugh