Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectPlease/Read My Sig File
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=502&mesg_id=633
633, Please/Read My Sig File
Posted by M2, Wed Jul-07-04 03:57 PM

My signature file VERY clearly states my position on Blacks and wealth building, most of my posts talk about the things Blacks can do for themselves, or the things they do that run contrary to their financial interests.

Furthermore, I agree with what Cosby said and I'm hardly someone who complains about the man keeping him down or doesn't believe that Blacks can be successful in this country.

After all - have you been paying attention for the last four years?

The point of my post was that Cosby operates in a different context than Sowell and your beloved conservative race pimps.

Cosby has illustrated via giving away millions that he's dedicated to helping those that can't themselves, he believes in barriers and that people need help.

Something the pimpsters do not - hell, they often deride those who give to charity.

E.g. Even if they say similar things at times, they're hardly coming from the same place, have the same intent or the same belief system.

After all - I agree with Cosby, and you'd never call me a Sowell lover.

Dig?

The point (again) since you missed it: Is that Cosby & the Conservative Race Pimps are hardly cut from the same cloth.

Now, unlike you, I'll answer the question you posed instead of ducking it, because I can't answer it:

-When I ran my web design firm I gave a 35% discount to Black Entrepreneurs.

-To this day, I'll give greatly discounted or free advice to any Black Entrepreneurs I come accross.

-I make an effort to mentor the younger or less experienced Blacks I come accross at work, because I know that mentoring and career development aren't things corporate america spends enough time doing for it's employees and that it puts Blacks at a particular disadvantage.

-Most of the posts I make on this board are aimed at educating people about managing their money, business and building wealth. In fact, I've helped people on this board work through the purchase of their first home.

Cuz I'm a nice guy, I'll help you respond:

Saying: "Look at me, I'm a Black Conservative" doesn't constitute helping Black People.

Well - since most of your posts are designed to elevate your fragile Ego by telling the world that you're a "contrarian" - I guess you're helping one Black Person. LOL

M2