Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Umm...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=502&mesg_id=622
622, RE: Umm...
Posted by Expertise, Thu Jul-08-04 12:13 AM
Like what?

Both of them have op/eds online, and an extensive archive as well (Well Sowell and others do...I dunno about McWhorter, or how often he writes op/eds). Show me which one was written and designed to make black people look bad in front of white people.

Besides, this is one of the points made towards Cosby after Constitution Hall. No one wants him to say the things he said because it might give white people fodder. And Cosby said big deal and let them think what they want to think. Everyone is worried about the image of black people instead of the substance of black people.

"Are you saying there's no qualified black Democrats out there to be veep? I mean, he didn't even consider them. I mean 94% of the black population votes for the Democrat candidate every four years, and no black leaders were even demanding it! They weren't even demanding it.

So we're thinking, okay, who would be somebody that could really shake it up? And we came up with one man. We came up with a name, folks: Donovan McNabb. Kerry-McNabb. The only problem is neither of them could carry Philadelphia." - Rush Limbaugh