Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectwhy are u even still alive?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=502&mesg_id=584
584, why are u even still alive?
Posted by suave_bro, Fri Jul-02-04 10:42 AM
I'm asking that question in all seriousness. I always wonder about black folks who find racism and inequality in every facet of black life, injustice and oppression around every corner, schools, workplace, criminal system, entertainment industry, i mean if racism is that thick that u cant move? why not just end your life? i mean nothing will ever change anyway right? just do it man nobody will miss you...

>His comment about black men beating their wives because they
>can't find jobs is speculative. Most research on domestic
>violence reflects the assertion that domestic violence is
>often times a learned behavior. Poor black men are no more
>likely to commit domestic violence against their partners
>than middle class or rich men of every other racial group.

-funny u later accuse mr cosby of not giving statistical data, yet u say most research on domestic violence comes from a learned behavior. personally i know thats bullshit off the top. but anyway, where is YOUR data?

>If Cosby really wants to be responsible, then he needs to
>stop spreading false information that is based more on
>opinion than research. As a scholar his comments would be
>challenged, deflated and his reputation would now begin to
>reflect his inability to separate personal perception with
>verifiable reality.

-nigga please. if he came with the studies whats the first thing your monkey ass would say: "dem beez da white man statistics!! da white man jess tryenz ta make us looks bad and heez be an uncle tom fo' bringen dem up like dat!" again. nigga please!

>Lastly, Cosby and his wealthy negro friends need to set
>aside their egos, come together pulling their finances
>together to setup institutions for the youth to correct the
>problems he is bitching about. The negro aint even bringing
>why black youth are so fucked to bring forward solutions to
>correct the problems.

-apparently you think this is the mr bill cosby that works at the Kroger your mother sends you out to everyday...nigga are you even on EARTH!!?? that man has donated more money than all of us on this board put together into black colleges and various programs for the youth...not to mention educational books and television programs...man are you HIGH or sumthen!?!