Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: I think that the point Suave is making is that....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=502&mesg_id=569
569, RE: I think that the point Suave is making is that....
Posted by WhiteSoulVKF, Fri Jul-02-04 09:27 AM

Are you reading my posts? I said exactly this...I don't feel that hip hop gives me insight! My comments were strictly based on hip hop's influence on others. However, I also said it was my opinion, and that I have no answers for the black community. I said that even though I grew up with nothing but black people, I still don't understand what it is to be black and have no criticism of the black community. My criticism was srtictly based in the fact that I don't belive life reflects music; it is the other way around. That's it. I'm sorry that I ever said anything, because I feel that I have been misinterpreted as some white guy who wants to stick his nose where it doesn't belong. I am sorry if that is the impression I gave. Please go back though, and make sure that you read what I said.

I said that I am not black and have no idea what is right for black people. My criticism was strictly based on the idea of whether music reflects life or life reflects music. I didn't know that being white restricted me from having a part in this discussion.