Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: God, evil, omnipotence
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=4540&mesg_id=4616
4616, RE: God, evil, omnipotence
Posted by BarTek, Thu Jul-17-03 07:15 AM
God is simply an idea.

Have you ever thought of yourself as God? have you ever worshipped yourself?

we have been conditioned to roleplay. throughout our day we adapt to certain situations such as work and "adapt" to them and therefore become these creations. if we are able to create entire personas of ourseves to fit the environment, how can you possibly think that we have the ability to understand what god is. i can only agree that there is a force which governs life because that is what i have seen and felt but outside of it i have not felt anything. the bible is not the devine word of god, the bible was written by human beings who are passing a doctrine of belief. and this very belief is a nihilistic practice which finds itself into our lives on a daily basis. if you truly understand the pscyhological effects of a christian belief system you will understand that your life has been influenced beyond your understanding. for eg.

how brilliant was the man who thought of the idea of a hero,
a messiah,
a leader,
a king,
an emperor,
his highness, hahahah
and ofcourse,
god,

i don't think i have to go into detail and say why this is relevant. here is another.

the idea of a knight in shining armour saving the princess is a christian idea. it was founded during the crusades. the knight plays the role of the "hero" when he saves the princess. historically many girls were held in their homes by corrupt musclim leaders. "princess locked up in the tower" and the "heroic knight in shining armour came to save her". this is simply to teach our kids the idea of 1 man who is able to do remarkable things such as jesus.

i personally think christianity is a belief which devalues real value. the idea of "dying for your country" or "dying for someone" are christian ideas. jesus apparently died for us on our sins. it is everywhere and the real goal is to be able to identify how it affects your mind and your thoughts and break the programming and you will be 1 step closer to a truth that you will never find in 100000 years of existence.

i think that if you want to find an answer, you have to be able to become "unatached" to your own mind. as i have mentioned, we role play, i am role playing as we speak. we role play as intellectuals, revolutionaties, hip hoppers, etc etc etc. try to look at your personality and find aspects of it which do not fall under the category of role playing.

peace.