Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Good points
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=4540&mesg_id=4583
4583, RE: Good points
Posted by watdefok, Thu May-22-03 02:01 PM
>Very good point. So he allows us to do evil because he wants
>us to have free will to choose righteousness or wrongness.
>But why did he make wrongness so appealing to so many
>people? :)
Well, personally i believe in reïncarnation and that life on earth is a lesson. Every choice we make teaches us something, and we learn most from our mistakes so doing wrong is an option.
Here's something interesting i heard a wise man say once: "nobody ever does something which is unreasonable according to them".
People do wrong because according to them, it's right.

>Why did God make it so hard to understand? Even Jesus came
>down speaking in parables and shit that most people can't
>understand. If I were really trying to save as many people's
>souls as I could, I'd try to be a little more accessible.
I don't think the basics are that hard to grasp - don't do things to others that you wouldn't like others to do to you, and be nice to eachother. That people have had war after war about different interpretations of the same basic message just proves that not everybody is ready to grasp the importance of the basic message.
We don't have all the answers, because we are in a growing process. We are often refered to as "children of God", and when you look at this from a reïncartnation point of view, every life we lead is like a day in the life of a person. Children don't understand a lot of things, but that doesn't mean that they never will. If everything would be easy to understand even for imaature sould, we would be living in a spiritual equivalent of Sesame Street. Do we really want to be counting to three for the rest of our lives, when we can learn complex algebra?

>Another thing to consider is that God could take away our
>DESIRE but not our free will to do evil. In other words, we
>still have free will, but evil/Satan doesn't dwell in our
>hearts and constantly tempt us.
A wise man once said: "good and evil aren't opposites like two halves of a perfect circle. In fact they are very similar because they are boths attempts to find love".
This makes sense to me. Because if a child doesn't get enough love, it will grow up to be a prick and that is a reaction to the absense of love in its life.
So this means that the desire to do evil comes from a desire to be loved.