Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Technology
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=4405&mesg_id=4488
4488, RE: Technology
Posted by blueology3, Tue Jun-03-03 07:11 PM
I read the book a couple of years ago when I was barely 20 years old and alot of parts felt very intuitive but more parts probably went over my head.

The one part sticks out in my mind where Some'is talking about Star Trek or something and how they use all the machinery where elders in his village only need a cave. I think to be more exact the guy from Star Trek teleported himself and the elder that viewed it looked at it as something normal but could understand the use of all the electronic equipment. Could someone break that down?

Also he made a point about how we rush across town driving fast as hell to get to a job that is not going anywhere, how we are pushing a clock for something that is not moving. I think this mentality we have affects how we view everything. There have been times where I have been exhausted mentally and at those times it seemed like I was able to percieve some situations with alot more clarity.

Peace Yall