Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectYeah, so anyway
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=4405&mesg_id=4445
4445, Yeah, so anyway
Posted by ya Setshego, Wed Apr-09-03 01:18 PM
like I was sayin'(writin')....Dr. Some' is talking about his niece right now. She is possessed, or something, by Spirits. He wants her to learn how to accept their presence, as wisdom of the ancestors. He took her to this cave or something, I think there was a master shaman there to host like a cleansing event. The girl went into the cave, shrieked, and came out clear, and calm. Dr. Some' said that he attended for himself also, because he had an issue to work out. Before this section though, he talks about the power of indigenous culture. What is interesting about this book(I don't remember who suggested that we read this book during the equinox, but whoever it was, is a genius) is that the skeptic in me will ask a question in my head, and in the next sentence, no later than the next section, Dr. Some' will address whatever I had concerns about. Specifically, I was wonderin' "If Afrikan indigenous culture is so powerful, why couldn't the ancestors call on Spirit to prevent whitefolks from robbin' the Continent of 100 million people?" Dr. Some' addressed this just as I had this thought. He states that as powerful as indigenous culture is, based on its intimate relationship w/ the Spirit World, it is also as if it is protected by a very thin veil, or ozone-like layer, that keeps it in balance. Whitefolks punctured that ozone layer, with their colonialism, slave trade, missionary work, general havoc causin', wicked ways. Threw ish all out of balance. This imbalance manifests itself as famine, Afrikans continuing to colonize Afrikans, total dependency on Europe and the US for goods formulated from raw materials taken right out of Afrika, and so on, and so on, and so on.