Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRunning naked
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=4405&mesg_id=4435
4435, Running naked
Posted by ya Setshego, Thu Apr-03-03 04:36 PM
I have a girlfriend, with whom I have been friends since we were 3. Now I'm going to tell y'all this story, 'cuz I only really know 2 or 3 of you folk personally anyway, and well... somehow or another I think it might not seem so crazy if I share it here. Anyway. My girlfriend and I used to always talk about running naked through the woods. She lives WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY up on a hill, in the woods, and we used to say that one day, we were going to get up at 4 or 5 in the morning, and just run buck-naked through the woods, and be free. It's like we had this burning desire to do this, for whatever reason. We never did, because the week-end I specifically arranged to stay with her for this purpose, it stormed-REALLY BADLY AND VIOLENTLY. We still talk about that week-end to this day, because I was so afraid of the lightning, and she had never seen me afraid of anything, or so unglued like that before, or since, I suppose. But I sometimes wonder about that week-end, and if someone or something was making a point for us to not do this thing. I wasn't exactly sure why this would be the case though. Like....you know the part from A Few Good Men, when Nicholson tells Cruise "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"? Well, I wonder if that storm was nature's way of saying, "You are not ready to get this close to me, yet". Or something. Dr. Some' talks about a point at which you have so great a knowledge of the Spirit World, that you could not live in the material world any longer, and still keep your sanity. I wonder if that was one of those kind of moments for my friend and me. AND, after working as a mental health counselor for 12 years, I always secretly thought that many of the patients I worked with were not "out of their minds" per se, but really did know some shit the rest of us weren't privy to, and whatever the shit was that they knew, it just blew their minds, or took them to some whole other, incomprehensible level. So when I was in my teens, I decided I was going to just do it on my own, in the summertime. I attempted to do it, behind my house, on this farm, which was about to be turned into a park. I could not go through with it though, because my area is not as secluded as my friend's is, so cars would have been able to see me, in the distance. If a white person drove through my area and saw me streaking through wheat and weeds on a hot summer morning, I SURELY would have been arrested shortly thereafter.

Reading this story about the green lady reminds me of that Energy that my friend and I were attracted to in the woods so strongly. We both had Some kind of need, from deep within, to be out amongst that Energy, whatEVER it was, and to be completely naked and free in the midst of it. We could not articulate it then, and I barely can explain it now. All I can say is, when reading that story about the green lady, one part of me was saying, "Now I should REALLY be thinking that this guy is nuts right about now", but another part of me was saying, quietly, "I know EXACTLY what he's talking about, and been tryin' to go there for YEARS."