Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectMaybe I can...kind've....softshoe in here a bit
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=3805&mesg_id=3923
3923, Maybe I can...kind've....softshoe in here a bit
Posted by MANHOODLUM, Fri Sep-26-03 08:47 AM
First a formost, I believe in Evolution...to an extent. I don't believe everyone, and everything, just happen to grow from random clumps of goo. I believe things evolve, on a large and small scale, to better themselves. We evolve from children to adults (as far as learning), so evolution does exist.

I also don't think super, conflicting vacumes just happen to create everything over a long period of time. Obviously, as people who have just made it to the moon in the under 40 years ago, I think there is alot we cannot grasp. I'm sure we can all agree, even the "religious" heads, that we don't have a giant Santa Claus molding planets out of giant clay, and I'm sure most evolution heads can't really believe something exploded billions of years ago, and made pretty girls and puppy dogs.

I guess people seem to think since we had Shakespeare and Einstein, that we should have things "on lock".

We don't, and it's going to be a long time before we will. Physics, and studying your Bible isn't going to tell you everything. You know Jesus walked on water, and you know how worm holes come about...now what?

Here's the funny part.

Let's say we face a conspiracy buffs wet dream. A giant worm hole opens up in the sky, and out emerges a flying, solid gold pyramid, filled with Greys, and whatever singing joyously, and living in perfect harmony. They come down, and they tell you they have had the answers to the mysteries of the universe for trillions of years, and they're going to share with us.

Can we believe them? Would you believe them? Well, we COULDN'T believe them, 'cause it would be putting faith in them. We weren't THERE, so there's really noway of actually telling, is there?

Then, you die. When you die, your greeted by a dread in a turban, holding a cross, sitting in a yoga position. He tells you the universe was created by a giant moose god, and something about yogurt...can you believe him? No, 'cause again, you weren't there. Your debating brain will rationalize that you might not be on the more enlightened PLAIN of after-life existence, and this deity/god might not have the WHOLE story strait *gasp*

The point is, even if winged babies floated down here, playing horns, and throwing rose pedals and books of knowledge AT your ass, SOMEONE will ALWAYS find SOMEWAY to QUESTION it...why? Yes, because you WEREN'T THERE.

*cue spacey music*