Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectwe were created, then we evolved
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=3805&mesg_id=3920
3920, we were created, then we evolved
Posted by McDeezNuts, Fri Sep-26-03 05:49 AM
They are not mutually exclusive. I know no one from either camp is going to change their mind, but here's my take:

Science has proven that animals/organisms evolve over time. I will not argue this point - I don't have the time, patience, or temperament to try to prove that here in this post.

And anyone who believes God or Satan "planted" fossils and other evidence of evolution to fool us is so blinded by faith as to not be worth entering into discussion with.

That said, I do believe in God. I think God created the Big Bang, or the primordial ooze, or whatever we came from way back at the beginning of existance. He designed it intentionally, knowing it would eventually evolve into sentient beings. That's my thoughts on the matter.

The only puzzle left is - where did God come from? I don't know how this question can ever be answered.

I can definitely see how for atheists, this puzzle is logically equivalent to asking where WE originally came from... so I don't have a problem with that view even though I disagree with it.