Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: I just would like to say
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=3451&mesg_id=3474
3474, RE: I just would like to say
Posted by BarTek, Thu Nov-06-03 12:12 PM
I can. ;)

Just make choices that lead you to your desires and the universe is yours.

I don't think we share a universe. I think we share a realm that holds an infinite amount of possible universi (lol, i know that ain't a word).

This is how I think it works.

We all have our own unique universe, becuase we all have our own unique perceptive filter. The way you perceive life, is very much not the way I perceive mine. So, there is your universe, and there is mine. And now, they are colliding, SUPERNOVA! ehehehe.

I am going to borrow from Douglas Adams here. Douglas Adams wrote "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy", the entire series should be read by anyone who is interested in this topic. Anyways, he wrote..."we all live in our own universe, with various filters which creates a chaos of misunderstanding, so...give your kids a break"....

I can control my universe, becuase today, I chose to love someone, instead of hating them. So therefore, I am building a life of love. Bad things will happen, and maybe that is what we are trying to escape, but...if you understand the reason and the reasoning behind the illusion of bad...you start to understand it as love and you sort of become...immune to it. how can bad hurt you if you believe that bad is in fact good? it can't. it is all in the power of choice. and that is what i chose.

also..i emcee and i want to grace a stage one day. my love for this dream has become a reality because i do emcee, and i rock a stage in my head everyday..but also..it brought me here where i connected with a lot of individuals in the business. so i am making moves. simply becuase i chose to be an emcee. so, i infact, took control of my universe and said "i will emcee"..and i am getting closer to that stage, always and everyday, and that is my biggest personal passion. how is it, that after making that choice, i am connecting with producers and radio hosts, and other emcees? doens't it sound like i am controlling my universe? i think so. its all about choices. if you chose to notice blue cars, that is all you would see. but you can take it even beyond the surface, and feel what you want to feel. its a great feeling to believe it. i may be mistaken, and maybe i have a great lesson to learn, but as of now..it seems i am in control as i would not change anything else. the other day i decided to go back to school, and already, life has brought the opportunities to do just that. without any effort by me. i just made a choice. i think mos def said something bout "effort less effort". its like will power. just will it.

commercial examples:

"just do it"
"i can"

bla bla bla, how is it that the media controls us so easily? cause they show us a universe we all want, in some shallow way, and they give us the slogans to chase after it, its so easy, but so perfect ins't it? they define our reality through whatever they way.

*edit: the concept of duality is what inspired a lot of this thought. i chose to write poetry about it, and boom. here we go, on for another ride. just choose your journey and the road will be put before your feet. its that simple.

peace.