Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectWell,
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=33809&mesg_id=33905
33905, Well,
Posted by Otto, Wed Jul-13-05 03:28 PM
we've grown apathetic. I think, in the white community as well, God is not seen as a necessity--Only when our country was struggling for her soverignty was God a moral imperative. But God had transcended the ages of American conscious until about the 1960's. My dad, a preacher, said it best. In the fifties, whole families went to church. In the sixties, parents dropped their kids off. In the seventies, and today, kids have never opened the Bible. I think it has something to do with the decline of family, which seems like we are going in circles. Most likely, God has just been taken out of the spotlight, and self glorification combined with vanity has become the endemic American impetus of the day. In all reality, the family is crumbling becasue mommies and daddies tend to make each other the center of their relationship. Since people change, this is detrimental. If God were the center--being that God does not change, I think we'd see a decline in divorce rates as opposed to the decline of the family.

-Otto