Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectfirst off let me say
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=33809&mesg_id=33851
33851, first off let me say
Posted by suave_bro, Wed Jul-13-05 11:32 AM
that I'm feeling these posts. the average white okayplayer is afraid to speak their minds and even ask questions...ive seen white okayp's literally cower to ignorant negroes and not defend themselves out of fear of being called a racist, so Its good to see a few white okayp's actually have the balls to ask simple questions...

>I have offended many of you with my precipitous race posts,
>which were, in fact, posted more so out of spite and agitation
>than honest curiosity and conviction.

- I get the posts. the black mind is a complex thing; but one thing you need to know, when u see something that looks like a bunch of illogical bullshit, 10 times out of 10 it is! regardless of how far back in history these mofoes take u or try and say shit like "aww u just dont get it!", its still bullshit.

>What I see in America are two diverse groups--white and
>black--who at our cores, respectively, do not see eye to eye
>on many issues relevant to the way we perceive and relate to
>one another.

- that is changing rapidly though. but u are correct.

>Myself, all I want is for this gap between our races to be
>eradicated--for this chasm to be mended. I would like America
>to be whole, so, I ask for the sake of disabusing myself or
>anyother okaywhiteplayer of any erroneous notions we may
>have:
>
>1) What problems do you see within the black community as
>detrimental to your advancement.

- for me I have 3 main ones that are very broad and can be broken down into MANY sub categories and NONE of them have to do with white people, the system, or slavery.

1) E D U C A T I O N - education gives you options. when somebody doesnt have an education, they are forced to work these bullshit demeaning jobs or worse, involve themselves in a life a crime and corruption. this is common sense to those of us who have been paying attention, but its hard to pay attention when education is seen as uncool and not "black" like most black youth do (which is important, when u get a kid early thinking this way, its pretty much game over) also as I have said on here before, money for schools, poor teachers, run down school buildings, old text books: all excuses, most of our great, great grandparents taught themselves how to read in barns sleeping out by the cows and dogs, and if they were FORTUNATE to have schools, them shits were as big as outhouses...if a child wants to learn, they will learn. period.

2) M O R A L S - we have got to first stop CELEBRATING improper and immoral behaviors, and secondly nobody is ENFORCING proper morals in our community. notice i didnt say TEACH them, i said ENFORCE them; example - baby daddies get 0 flack in our community, in fact they are seen as just normal everyday mofoes, somebody posted the other day about a black girl who didnt know who her baby daddy was but was having a baby shower - that shouldnt be a time for celebration, that should be a time for RIDICULE AND PUNISHMENT, niggas ride around on rims and have hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of shit on their cars and backs - and we KNOW that its because they selling drugs but we dont care!! and the kids look up to them..

3) BLACK HUSTLERS/FALSE LEADERSHIP - growing up black in america u are taught to be EXTREMELY fearful. sometimes black kids are told OUT RIGHT that this is a white mans world and you more than likely wont make it, but on average, this is more of an implied thing - this is why the black leadership business is thriving the way that it is. ever slowed down to wonder why the black community is getting worse and black leadership is getting more and more face time? getting WEALTHIER by the minute? so, its not that "white privelage" and racism is holding back black folks (particularly males), its the black leadership and the bullshit that black youth hear from folks that post on here!! imagine growing up black and AAAAAAAAAALLLLL you hear is "slavery, jim crowe, police beatings, cop shot black youth, slavery some more, jim crowe some more"...how do u expect black youth (who will one day become black ADULTS) to thrive in droves if most of them believe that they wont ever be shit or achieve shit outside of sports/gang banging/rapping?

>2) What is the most inhibiting of these?

- the non-existent black family AND the moral and social decaying of the black man.

>3) What can be done to fix it.

A) get rid of this new black leadership, not the physical embodiment of these folks, but the mentalities. it wont happen overnight but nor will a black "turnaround".

B) as much as muthafuckas hate jesse lee peterson, this man is all about bringing the black family back together - the lifestyle of the man bringing home the bacon along with his wife coming home to his kids and taking them to baseball practice and plays etc., isnt as cool as pulling up on the side of a bunch of hoes on the street in your escelade ridin on 22's looking to get some "cut up"...

there is more 2 this, but u get the idea...