Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: The definitive race post, used to enlighten white people:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=33809&mesg_id=33821
33821, RE: The definitive race post, used to enlighten white people:
Posted by sunngodd, Wed Jul-13-05 10:35 AM
>1) What problems do you see within the black community as
>detrimental to your advancement.

I don't see anything as inhibiting my own personal advancement. In general Black People are being inhibited by a breakdown of the family unit, a culture of anti-education, the glorification of criminal behavior, a culture of irresponsible sexual behavior, an expectation that the government can and will fix our problems, and a lack of sufficent educational opportunities.

>2) What is the most inhibiting of these?

The breakdown of the family unit. In fact, I'd say that all the other problems i listed can in some way be linked to this issue.

>3) What can be done to fix it.

I can't answer that at this time. Our biggest problems are cultural, I don't know how you change a culture.

>I don't want any UNITED SNAKES OF AMERIKKKA replies, nor any
>other gratuitous childishness. But I would like open
>participation from even the most pessimistic players -- just
>eloquent and well thought out participation.

>If I have ever come off as a racist, well, I apologize. I am
>not one. Forgive me. Thank you.

I've never found your comments racist. I commend you for having the courage to speak honestly about race. A big problem is that many people, black and white, are afraid to speak on certian racial issues.

------------------------------------
"What shall we do with the negro?" I have had but one answer from the beginning. Do nothing with us! Your doing with us has already played the mischief with us...if the negro cannot stand on his own legs, let him fall - Frederick Douglass