Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Props,
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=33809&mesg_id=33819
33819, RE: Props,
Posted by BarTek, Thu Jul-14-05 12:59 PM
Right on Otto. I agree with you. It is best to ask black folks, however if you are able to, suspend your ego and let words such as "cracka, devil, amerikkka, etc" pass through you, that is deep rooted anger that we do not understand, and since you know who you are, you don't need to take offense to those words. You know where you stand and you know what you are trying to accomplish, thus, those words have zero value with you.

It took me a few years to realize some of these things, and I enjoyed speaking with you, because, I found myself leaning back in my chair scratching my head a few times thinking, "wow, Otto is asking the same questions I used to ask and I am giving him the same replies I used to get." It has been very interesting and I learned a lot too, however, I think it's clear that you are on the right path to understanding and action, and I'm proud of you. It's not easy to face our mirror and face what our people have done, but we will get there, and we will fight those people and win.

Peace fam! Dap!

~
In Heavy Rotation;
KRS ONE will phuck yo head up hip young emcee!

I love all Hip Hop, fuck yo preference!