Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectSigh all you want tek....you really aren't being fair
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=33809&mesg_id=33811
33811, Sigh all you want tek....you really aren't being fair
Posted by Otto, Wed Jul-13-05 10:09 AM
What are you fighting for, Tek? To make me look like a racist?

>>Can you explain to me, how white people are not to be blamed?

^^^I didn't say we aren't to be blamed. I said we aren't to be blamed fully...Of course white people put blacks on those ships, are you trying to make me look so out of touch that I wouldn't admit that? That was four hundred years ago. Slavery ended in 1867...in Galveston, Texas. Since then a different social dynamic has developed. I am talking about today, man. The problems that exist today, post emanicipation cannot all be the white man's fault. But many are the white man's fault. I am not here to argue, or debate....I am here to learn. Frankly, you aren't black so you really didn't have to answer...especially since your answer isn't constructive. No one is trying to "civilize the less civilized." Yet, such statement perpetuate further division between our races. It's funny you totally neglected all of my statement about unity....to paint me as some honkey fishing for bait...."Sigh Otto, you are white." I know I'm white Tek, so are you! NO, this isn't about blame....my statement was to heed off anyone who would respond under the idea that this was about blame....but you didn't want to see that, becase it seems you wanted to make me look like a "guilt-stricken white man..."

-Otto