Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectThe definitive race post, used to enlighten white people:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=33809&mesg_id=33809
33809, The definitive race post, used to enlighten white people:
Posted by Otto, Tue Jul-12-05 07:00 PM
Hello,

I have offended many of you with my precipitous race posts, which were, in fact, posted more so out of spite and agitation than honest curiosity and conviction.

What I see in America are two diverse groups--white and black--who at our cores, respectively, do not see eye to eye on many issues relevant to the way we perceive and relate to one another.

Myself, all I want is for this gap between our races to be eradicated--for this chasm to be mended. I would like America to be whole, so, I ask for the sake of disabusing myself or anyother okaywhiteplayer of any erroneous notions we may have:

1) What problems do you see within the black community as detrimental to your advancement.

2) What is the most inhibiting of these?

3) What can be done to fix it.

I don't want any UNITED SNAKES OF AMERIKKKA replies, nor any other gratuitous childishness. But I would like open participation from even the most pessimistic players -- just eloquent and well thought out participation.

I want honest, open, and sincere dialogue. I hope in my life to be in a position to help one day, and I would appreciate the insight. I also ask that this question be introspective, that in answering, any notions that white people are fully to blame be abandoned--I desire for blacks to look at themselves as to what they can do better, in addition to what whites can do better.

If I have ever come off as a racist, well, I apologize. I am not one. Forgive me. Thank you.

-Otto