Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectWhat are you talking about?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=33627&mesg_id=33690
33690, What are you talking about?
Posted by speaker, Fri Jan-25-08 06:23 PM
Nothing could have been FURTHER from the message of that post than that I thought the sides were equal. Are we even reading the same thing?

I said, again and again, that Zionism and apartheid are both morally repugnant, settler-colonialist ideologies and regimes. People who are oppressed by them (and South Africans STILL are, apartheid didn't fucking die) have every right to oppose them regimes by any means necessary.

Fuck the Afrikaners, and fuck settler-colonial land thieves in general, including Likudists. How's that for "equivocating"?

The phrase "stupid actions" wasn't ABOUT about the ANC, it was written in response to someone who was claiming that the tactic of suicide bombing delegitimated the Palestinian cause, which I DISAGREE with. It's not for us to judge the tactics of oppressed people anyway. The point was to counter a claim by a right-wing Zionist and apologist the Israeli state, by saying not every Palestinian militant is a suicide bomber targeting schoolchildren. And I pointed out that not ever South African militant was killing Black cops working for the apartheid regime, as a few mavericks did. But now you're taking a hair's breadth of semantic difference with someone who probably agrees with you on the essential issues, like the fact that Zionism, like apartheid, must be opposed, including by armed struggle, and turning it into a cause for denunciation and slander. Fuck that.