Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: love the liner note for missy elliot...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=32999&mesg_id=33003
33003, RE: love the liner note for missy elliot...
Posted by PulpHustler, Mon May-30-05 06:05 PM
The Universal Hustle is pretty deep. I got friends at "targeted agencies" like burrell and uniworld, etc. and they deal with it 24/7... it's worse for black marketers at "general market" (traditionally white agencies)...

the biggest problem is that when people try to have real dialogue about it with clients and execs, they're usually told to shut up and get back to work or everyone plays dumb and pretends nothing is going on.

i'm not trying to be one of these victimhood-pushers... i think there's a way to market brands, sell stuff and entertain people without degrading various cultures or genders or races in the process. i just want people to know what they're getting into so they can see where the problems are and think about how to fix them along the way.

And yeah a lot of that stuff on Telemundo and Univsion is an absolute sin. I've got friends that work for hispanic agencies too... the stories they tell are just as sad.

and K_orr--i totally appreciate the the luv... i'll try to post some mor excerpt in here--short ones and see if people feel like talking about some of the stuff that goes on the business world, specifically marketing and advertising industry that they may not know about.