Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectgreat question.... here's why...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=32838&mesg_id=32850
32850, great question.... here's why...
Posted by AquamansWrath, Fri May-20-05 03:56 PM
what i have noticed is a high level of respect for women...
the TV commercials... all family based... with the father there...
the rap songs (I'm here producing Ghana's top artist) is all about resepect, unity, and love for the black woman and family. It's so amazing to see... I feel as if this is how we would have been if we wouldn't have been 'tampered' with by Europeans. On the real.
Excellent story... i'm with a comrade and his colleague... he says to me 'Aqua, (not giving my real name)... I'm so tired... how do you do this (we were recording)' so his colleague says "Go home lookie... to your wife, her great cooking, and your children... they will take care of you there and make sure you get the rest you need".
I damn near cried... on the real... it was so beautiful to hear a black man tell another black man to go home to his wife and kids.
Very, very, very, very moving... of course it was common to them.
The only infection i have seen on the real here is HIPHOP... it's killing us... that is the only time on TV i have seen anything disrespectful to the women and the family... and that's real.