Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: To maintain control
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=3237&mesg_id=3430
3430, RE: To maintain control
Posted by Nettrice, Tue Nov-04-03 03:37 AM
>Compassion and reverance for life ARE morals!!
>The question of this post is WHY do we as
>homosapiens/humans/people/whatever have these morals.

Morals: motivation based on ideas of right and wrong. Morals are what we make into laws and judge others with. This is right or wrong based on the book of law...not based on life and nonjudgement.

For example, after several years of observing my father's abuse I told him I loved him. I hugged him as he cried and waited for the police to arrive because I did not judge him for his actions. I was 6 or 7 years old. Several years later, I sat down and had a conversation with him about nonjudgement. Ever notice how many children who are abused still have nothing but love and compassion for their abusers (parents, guardians, etc.)? Even after a young lifetime of hurt they still have love for them. Law passes down judgement while compassion requires that we see beyond the action to the soul underneath.

Morals are laws. People create them to control the masses and they are often used to create boundaries that cause some people to lose their minds. Compassion is not a law, neither is reverence or nonjugement. These are life choices that we make, not laws we must abide by.

>These things your naming ARE morals. They are basic human
>morality.
>
>Do you see that?

Any animal is capable of compassion or destruction. Humans make up laws but most things understand or are connected to the laws of nature and the universe that are not made by man. Human laws and morals are not necessarily based upon the universe or nature. They exist to control people.

At some point, some humans created laws that required that people pray to man as a representative of God. It was at this point that the world became centered on man and rather than respect the laws that existed before man existed, men created laws that would maintain his status on earth. These so-called laws became morals. Compassion and reverence for all life is not necessary in this case.