Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: HERE IT IS SPELLED OUT... read slowly... do the mat
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=3237&mesg_id=3405
3405, RE: HERE IT IS SPELLED OUT... read slowly... do the mat
Posted by Streezus619, Fri Oct-31-03 08:22 PM
What exactly am I supposed to respond to?
Whether or not I buy into Moral Relativism? Well...Ethics has never really been my thing, for this reason: it's all a grey area, and it seems like it may always be. Especially when arguemnts for moral objectivism are going to rely on God as a cause for morality. Not to knock your views in any way, of course. But God and the nature of God are some of the most difficult and possibly impossible philsophy to do. I've studied it for about 4 years now; lots of arguments for God's existence and his nature, and I can't say any argument has convinced me (maybe Spinoza, but my understanding of his work was vague and cloudy AT BEST...).

As to MR...well, I've never really figured it as a plausible explanation, and I find people who do believe in it are some of the hardest people to reason with ( "ah...it doesn't matter, nothing is moral, I can't do anything wrong, blah blah blah"...it gets old and it's not progressive in any way). I guess that's all I really have to say in response. Good work on the info and counterpoints tho...Very interesting.