Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: A question of morality...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=3237&mesg_id=3356
3356, RE: A question of morality...
Posted by aisflat439, Sat Nov-01-03 05:37 PM
You didn't alienate me, thank you for your condolences though. I appreciate the metaphysical, and attempted to answer your question because of that. I feel though that discusing morality on a smaller more (insert word for personal experience that you and I and others can relate to) can be really fruitful and quite educational.

I believe that the idea of marraige is a good example of a moral evolution. The idea of wives and husband being married because of what the family thinks is good has changed (allthough not everywhere). Also these arrainged marraiges once occured at a very young age, this is less prevelant today also. The idea of marraige because of love, rather then marry then fall in love, is relatively new in Human history. This idea of Love and marraige seems to me to be a good example of a moral, evolving. Do you agree?

The 10 commandments are a good gauge for discussion of Morals. As are the Seven Deadly Sins. I would enjoy setting up some more parameters, possibly the inculsion of Internation Law as something that is Moral?