Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectso you're saying...?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=3237&mesg_id=3330
3330, so you're saying...?
Posted by inVerse, Sun Nov-02-03 01:17 PM

>that the ONLY way of imposing order on people is to kill all
>of them. Then you still end up with a society governed by
>morals, albeit a society of one.

governed by what morals? you're saying whatever the dictator decided was right (in this case killing everybody), would be THE moral standard for that society? If feels like you're ignoring the possiblity that people can lie to themselves. I don't think we should have this debate under the stipulation that humans act as as humans truly believe they should act all the time... that seems very unrealistic to me.

I know personally that I am capable of acting in the very opposite manner than I KNOW I should act. Not in a manner opposite to one that I've been taught is acceptable, but that KNEW was right. Why should I not assume that both you, and this crazed dictator don't feel similarly about your own lives. Why should all manner of human similarities exist and not this?
Question, have you cried before? Why do humans have this emotion... what does it mean to be "wronged", truly wronged. Is it just a function of what that particular culture at that time thinks is wrong... do your emotions run deeper than that?

I don't know of many societies where man are promoted for skipping work, awarder honors for running away, etc...
They might very well exist, somewhere, eh? But color-blind people also exist... they can't see it... however... colors remain objective fact based on light available.

am I coming across?

peace.