Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectyou sure about that?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=3237&mesg_id=3287
3287, you sure about that?
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Thu Nov-06-03 06:04 PM
>Most of the world thinks Bush was elected... should I
>consider him the elected president? Most of the world just
>assumes he is, but I've read enough info to know he isn't.
>So is the world view just as valid as mine?

I don't know that most of the world thinks Bush was elected - but it doesn't really matter to them whether he was elected or not, what matters is that either way he is the leader of America. Whether he was elected or not doesn't change that fact, just like whether or not the Pope is actually the vicar of Christ doesn't change the fact that to the world at large he is the religious leader of the majority of the world's Christians.

Whether you think he is a sham or that Catholics don't represent true Christianity is irrelevant to this fact, just as it is irrelevant that I think Bush is a sham and doesn't represent what I believe to be true American ideals; he's still the President regardless, and to the world at large he is the leader of the USA and represents America. You and I might think it sucks, but it bees that way, nothing you or I can do about it right now.

>Yes, the Bible, and several other apocryphal books placed
>strategically in their canon (not in the Bible), a complete
>disregard for Christianity's roots in Judaism, an extra
>deification, and an infallible man by human election...

The "apocryphal books placed strategically in their canon (not in the Bible)" were in the Septuagint, which WAS THE BIBLE used by the apostles and the early Christian church, the authors of the New Testament and, presumably, JC himself - the majority of Old Testament quotes cited in the NT, particularly the ones dealing with prophecies and allusions to the coming of Jesus Christ, are quoted directly from the Septuagint. Removal of these books from the Bible is a complete disregard for Christianity's roots in apostolic Judaism.

BTW, the Ethiopian Orthodox Church uses all the books in the Catholic canon, plus a few others; and out of all Christians they are the ones whose traditions are most rooted in Judaism, by far... what say you to that?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man." - The Dude