Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectBlaming the troops an education to die for
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=32189&mesg_id=32220
32220, Blaming the troops an education to die for
Posted by shae07, Sat Aug-20-05 10:48 AM
Hmmm. Your comment was interesting. As for blaming the troops I do not totally agree with. Sure the troops are over there phusically and mentally engaged in war. Many of them for example believe that they are doing their part in order to protect their country (i don't).

Yet you should ask urself, how many people actually knew before the 911 days that a war was brewing? The troops very often come from military families and in case you did not notice many come from families of lower socio economic status. So while you and I can say "an education???...it's not worth it" others can not. No one who has not been in war can possibly anticipate the atrocities that some one there can attest. It is totally unfair to blame them, when often many of the troops had no idea what they were getting themselves into. And since the days of slavery, an education has been- to die for.
Just because you and I can make an educated and rational decision to do otherwise we can't fault the troops or their decisions 100 PERCENT and it is also important to note that if the troops were not doing there willingly, other more drastic measures would have to be taken