Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectFirst of all, I gotta ask,
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=32189&mesg_id=32201
32201, First of all, I gotta ask,
Posted by CaptainRook, Fri Aug-26-05 02:49 PM
are you English/British?
>
>
>no , I realise how niave and ignorant people can be....and
>that most people that sign up don't "know the game" so Im
>laying out on the table what people like Bush say behind
>closed doors .

OK.

>
>
>as far as gas prices go read about the politics of the oil
>crisis... the best work is at
>
>www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net www.fromthewilderness.com and
>peakoil.com

These articles are nice and impressive and all with their flowery, academic explanation of why oil prices have increased. They almost remind me of many of the articles that came out that were declaring that Saddam Hussein had all these weapons of mass destruction. Some of those articles were also very impressive with their academic explanations, sometimes laced with scientific jargon.

But lies are lies even when they are written with academic language and/or impressive scientfic jargon.

>
>after you do the work and understand the scope of the
>situation we can have a discussion

If we can not have a discussion, it is not because I have not done the work, it is because your common sense mechanism has broken down. Repair or replace your common sense mechanism and then maybe we can have a sensical discussion.

.....but im not going to
>baby step you through it.

How can you baby step me, when you're still crawling?

>
>on a global scale the average U.S. citizen IS the "power
>elite" - they just arn't self-actualized enough to realise it.
>
>
Their is SOME Truth in the above statement.

>5% of the wolrds population that consumes 30 percent of the
>worlds resources.
>
>
>another thing ... $3 a gallon gas actually isn't that
>expensive....its just that we've been living so privleged that
>it SEEMS like its expensive. The entire "car" culture way of
>life is a privlege - it isn't a "right".
>

Whatever; whether $3.00/gallon is considered "expensive" or not was not my point. My point was that one of the indirect benefits of goin' to war was that we, as ordinary, everyday, common citizens of the U.S., would end up with cheaper oil/gas. That ain't happened; gas prices have damn near doubled, instead of becoming cheaper.

If you want to make excuses for the greed of Haliburton and others, that's your business. But don't try to make it seem like they are doing me some type of a favor by almost doubling the price of gas in 2 years, when we were led to believe that it would be cheaper.

>last thing - lets assume that cheap oil WAS a result of the
>war - what evil fuck would support it regardless?

I'm not in support of this illegitmate war; I'm just pointing out where these bastards lied to/misled us again.