Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: see -- this is problematic.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=31965&mesg_id=32017
32017, RE: see -- this is problematic.
Posted by BarTek, Sun Dec-04-05 03:50 PM
You can't break down
>the master's house with the master's tools. And as long as
>you're insistent on the notion that you can use your own white
>privilege to combat, well, white privilege? You're gonna
>continue to end up sounding confused, contradictory and, well,
>racist, to the people whose struggle you claim to identify
>with. This passage is actually the essence of the liberal
>white racism that zewari was talking about in the first
>place.

Once again, as I said, I am not concerned with your opinion of me. Truly, I know what I am and what I stand for. I have been provided with several gifts, including my skin colour which I will use to aid me. Finally, what you wrote up there, makes perfecet sense to me, however, it is just your opinion. You speak from a point of ignorance, whereas I speak from a point of experience.

Do you have white skin? No
Do you have white privilege? No
Can you use white privilege? No
Have you attempted to use the master's tools in order to bring down the master? No

Simply put, if the answer is no, you are ignorant to the power of using white privilege.

In order to beat the wolf, you have to become the wolf. I firmly believe in that, and my claws are sharp. As I said, all you need to know is that I fight on your side. My method, is specific to me, because I am a white man, and your method, is specific to you, becuase you are a black man. You can stand up in front of a group of black people. I can stand up in front of a group of white people. Each of us can deliver the same message. Each of us is doing our part. Can you honestly refute that?

Peace