31933, RE: YabbaFast Booklet|
Posted by ya Setshego, Thu Dec-01-05 11:34 AM
The Yabba Pot
A 21 Day
Raw Food and Juicing
Nov 30 – Dec 21
The Yabba Pot DownTown
771 Washington Blvd
Baltimore, MD 21230
WHY RAW FOOD?
What we eat deeply and radically affects the way we think, feel, and behave. WE are what we eat and we eat what we are. Food affects every aspect of our being. Food is the physical foundation of our body. If the foundation is unstable, all that is built upon it will be unstable. Everything you physically are was once the air you breathed, the water you drank, and the food you ate. The colloidal mineral structure of your body is built out of the foods you have eaten. If there is an alteration in the food, then it is reflected in the look and function of the body. Improve your food choices and you dramatically improve the foundation upon which your body is built.
Cooking food over temperatures of 112 destroys all enzymes. This is a problem because life itself depends on enzymes. We need enzymes for every living bodily function: walking, talking, and breathing. As we age, our bodies’ natural source of enzymes becomes depleted. We need to replenish this source through the foods we eat. If we do not do this – if we continue to cook away the enzymes in our food – then we eventually begin to use our own natural enzymes reserves. Meanwhile the cooking process makes it more difficult for our bodies to break up and digest the food we eat. The food begins to become stored in our bodies as toxins, leading to all sorts of disease.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF RAW FOODS?
Raw Foods and Juicing effortlessly drops unwanted pounds, boosts your immune system, enhances your relationships, lengthen life, brings you closer to the spiritual realms, allows you to think more creatively, clears emotional blockages, improves your performance in business, and creates a healthier, happier life for you and those around you.
People who continuously eat a raw and living foods diet heal themselves of:
Diabetes, Fibromyalgia, Acne, Migraines, Back, Neck and Joint Pain, Asthma, High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, Hypoglycemia, Colitis and Diverticulitis, Candida, Arthritis, Serious Allergies, Depression, Anxiety and Mood Swings, Heartburn, Gas and Bloating, Skin Diseases, Obesity, Menopausal Symptoms, Chronic Fatigue, Cancers and other ailments and diseases….just by eating differently.
To remain young, one must change
WHAT ARE YOU ALLOWED TO EAT ON THE RAW FOOD CHALLENGE?
Raw and living food consists of uncooked fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and sprouted grains. These foods are not processed, heated, cooked or altered in any way. They are nothing more than whole foods in their natural state. You can eat any raw fruits, vegetables, nuts, or seeds. If you sprout grains and beans, you can eat those too.
Here is a partial listing of what we are allowed to eat within the next 21 days. You will see that this list is filled with so much variety you will never get bored:
Fresh Fruit and Fruit Juices:
Apples, apricots, avocados, bananas, blackberries, blueberries, cantaloupes, cherimoyas, cherries, coconuts, cucumbers, dates, durian, figs, grapefruit, grapes, kiwis, lemons, limes, mangoes, melons, nectarines, oranges, papayas, peaches, pears, persimmon, pineapples, plums, sapotes, strawberries, tomatoes, tropical fruits, zucchini.
These are all fresh, ripe, raw and hopefully organic. No fruits that come in a can or jar: they are not raw.
Fresh Vegetables and Vegetable Juices:
Beets, bok choy, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, celery root, celery, chives, collards, corn, dandelion, eggplant, endive, escarole, fennel, garlic, kale, kohlrabi, leeks, lettuces, mushrooms, mustard greens, okra, olives, onions, parsley, parsnips, peas, peppers, radishes, sorrel, spinach, sprouts, squash, swiss chard, turnips, watercress.
These must also be fresh, ripe, raw, and hopefully organic. Do not eat any vegetables that come in a can or a jar: they are not raw.
Nuts and Seeds:
Raw and Unsalted Only!
Almonds, brazil nuts, cashews, filberts, flaxseeds, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, pecans, pine nuts, pistachios, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, walnuts.
Barley, buckwheat, chickpeas, lentils, mung, quinoa, rye, wheat
No Sugar or Sulfates
Apples, apricots, bananas, dates, figs, pears, prunes, raisins
Raw not Toasted
Dulse, hijiki, kelp, nori, Wakame
Cold pressed extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, raw honey, raw carob powder, braggs liquid aminos, nama shoyu, sea salt, spices and herbs, raw tahini, raw almond butter and other raw nut butters
As I see it, everyday you do one of two things:
Build health or produce disease in yourself
EQUIPMENT YOU WILL NEED
Depending on your budget and what you already have, I would not recommend anyone running out and buying all these gadgets because after 21 days of usage they may (hopefully not) sit on the kitchen counter collecting dust. If however your pocket allows it and you are committed to making real changes in your life starting today than invest in the more inexpensive versions of the following: They usually all work fine. I would upgrade to the more expensive brands once your life requires them.
A Blender, Food Processor, and a Juicer.
Ethel Hurt, Colonic Irrigation
* www.awareeating.com: Personal coaching on the phone for women who struggle with eating disorders, emotional eating, or simply feel out of control with food. Practical tools for learning to eat naturally, in accordance with your body's wisdom. Free consultation.
* www.rawreform.com: A testimonial raw weight loss site. my story and guidance for others who want to find their way into healthy recovery from obesity and overeating issues.
* www.happycow.net/raw/raw_living.html: Happy Cow provides information on the raw food diet, recipes, resources and world-wide searchable restaurant guide.
* www.fredericpatenaude.com: Don't miss Frederic's weekly e-mail news on the raw-food diet for controversial and useful information.
* www.bodybubble.com/eco-eating: Learn about the pitfalls to watch out for when you attempt to eat raw. Use the famous CaPNaK Chart to achieve and maintain tissue balance and fluid balance in your body.
* www.livingnutrition.com: The Raw Health Revolution Leader.
* www.eatraw.com: Raw food products for organic health and natural diets including weight loss and self help.
* www.dancingdragonenterprises.com: Raw food, bodywork and other items for health and healing.
* www.rawretreat.com: Raw food, bodywork and other items for health and healing.
* www.rawbc.org: A non-profit organization for raw and living foods in Vancouver and British Columbia, Canada
* www.learnrawfood.com: Raw food chef Jenny Cornbleet offers raw food diet lectures, classes, hands-on workshops, and consultations in the Chicago area and nationwide. Raw food recipes and books are also available, including Jenny's book "Raw Food Made Easy for 1 or 2 People".
* www.healthyhealing.org: Natural healing for people and animals
* www.chefcc.com: I am Los Angeles-based personal chef raw and vegan cuisine.
* www.living-foods.com: Large site with lots of resources and information
* www.rawtimes.com: Great site with lots of information
* www.rawfood.com: Lots of info and tons of products, books, videos, raw foods, etc.
* www.shazzie.com: Fun, inspiring, interesting and very informative site with transformational pictures, a year long, day by day, raw diary, recipes, and articles.
* www.fromsadtoraw.com: Raw journal, web site links, facts and tips for staying raw.
* www.rawlife.com: Paul Nison s web-site
* www.livingnutrition.com: Promoting the livingnutrion magazine.
* www.rawfamily.com: The boutenko family web-site
* www.rawgourmet.com: Nomi Shannons web-site promoting her book the raw gourmet
* www.alokhealth.com: - Alok Holistic Health Community. Supporting body-mind-spirit growth and well being through nutrition counseling, live-food, meditations, yoga, reiki, massage, parties, events, exotic retreats, & celebration.
* www.rawfoodchat.com: - Spread the raw word to everyone! Share your stories, recipes, and knowledge about the greatest lifestyle ever!
* www.BeautifulOnRaw.com: The Ultimate Guide to the Transformation from Sick to Vigorous, from Aging to Youthful, from Plain to Beautiful
* www.ArtOfLivingWell.com: Achieving vibrant health eating the foods God made, the way God made them.
* www.CelestialRawGoddess.com: lots of information for the raw lifestyle
* www.doctorgraham.cc: Speaker, author, trainer to world class athletes, and 20 year raw fooder
* www.gardenofhealth.com: lots of information.
* www.rawfoodinfo.com: Rio s web site. Tons of info for the raw world!
* www.thegardendiet.com: Testimonial, information and retreats
* www.fresh-network.com: U.K based site. Loads of info and products.
* www.highvibe.com: Products, recipes and lots of other info for raw food.
* www.tanglewoodwellnesscenter.com: Loren Lockman. Offering supervised fasts and healing programs.
* www.eatsprouts.com: For fresh LIVING greens daily, build your own Automatic Sprouter or order one ready-built.
* www.thefruitpages.com: Everything you ever wanted to know about fruit
* www.discountjuicers.com : Tons of products at low prices
* www.rawfoodnetwork.com: a major source of resources and networking for the raw world
* www.sutodesign.com: Site Design and Branding for alissacohen.com
* www.livingintheraw.com - Bryant Burke's site with info on seminars, events, lectures and a raw food community posting board.
* www.rawesome.com - a beautiful site with lots of inspiration and info.
* www.fountainofyouthnow.com - This is Brenda Cobbs site with lots of testimonials and info.
* www.rawandjuicy.com - Shelly's site with lots of info, before and after and so much more!
* www.about-breathing.com - Everything about breathing all in one place.
* www.stepstoperfecthealth.co.uk - Clinical testing and treatments tailored to the individuals needs
* www.sanoviv.com - Medical institute and raw food health retreat in Mexico
* www.rawheaven.com and www.purerawcafe.com - Cynthia Beavers web site and her new raw café web site
* www.synergy-healing.com - A (r)evolutionary system designed to help you blossom into your full potential. SYNERGY Healing combines Holistic Therapy, Bach Flower Remedies and Meditation.
* www.goingorganic.com - great site on organic gardening
* www.thrivetribe.com - charitable, educational and spiritual activities that promote the thriving and good for all people
* www.tolifeonline.com - informative site on healing including a book with lots of testimonials
* www.rawcrunch.com - the best raw bars available!
* www.livingharvest.com - conscious nutrition. LIVE Hemp Food Products.
These are hilarious little movies about the state of
our food today - only a few minutes long, be sure to
check em out! (especially if you like Star Wars & the
Dark dream smoothie
2 bananas, peeled
1 punnet of blueberries
1 papaya, skinned and de-seeded
2 dates, stoned
Chop the dates. Blend all ingredients and drink.
This is a very simple but really tasty soup. You can add other flavours to it for lots of variation.
1 avocado, peeled and stoned
A handful of basil
1/4 of a cup of cold pressed olive oil
Blend all ingredients. If it's too thick add some freshly made tomato or cucumber juice.
2 bananas, peeled
1 mango, skinned and stoned
2 dates, stoned (optional, because this is a very sweet pudding)
Chop the dates. Put everything in a food processor and blend until it looks like a pudding.
Warm feeling inside salad
This salad is such comforting one, it will make you glow!
1 or 2 fennel bulbs (depending on size)
1 red onion
1 clove of garlic
1 red pepper, de-seeded
1 orange pepper, de-seeded
1 cup of pumpkin sprouts or seeds, soaked
4 sticks of celery
2 avocados, peeled and stoned
1 cup of watercress
4 dates, stoned
Prepare the lettuce in your favourite way, chop the fennel, onion, peppers, tomatoes, watercress and celery. Finely chop the garlic and dates, and slice the avocado. Toss all the ingredients together except the macadamias -- you need to throw these on top from a very great height.
I love this! I serve this on big romaine leaves, put basil leaves on top and eat it like an open sandwich.
1 avocado, peeled and stoned
1 banana, peeled
1 clove of garlic
Chop the garlic and blend all the ingredients in a food processor.
***DURING THE 21 DAY CHALLENGE BE AWARE OF:
Mucoid Plaque Destruction
25 April 2001
I didn't do anything different, but suddenly my body decided to get rid of some really old stuff. Some say mucoid plaque doesn't exist, and if that's so, I wonder what the explanation for this little lot is!
I spent all night on the loo, in quite a lot of pain, but in big-time fascination at what I saw! Hundreds of shattered pieces of mucoid plaque came out. Some as big as a cornflake, most a bit smaller. Here are a few...
This is a selection of what came out. Mostly dark green and dark red in color with the texture of leathery seaweed.
Here's a close up!
Here's a close up of some root-type thing that was attached to many of them.
Another close up!
And this disgusting thing! Is it a maggot? If so, what was it doing in me!??
SIGNIFICANCE OF ENDING THE 21 DAY CHALLENGE
ON THE WINTER SOLSTICE
The winter solstice, the shortest sunlit day of the year, the day when the sun is farthest away from us and his light is most remote, has been celebrated in ceremony the world over for as long as human memory exists. The celebration was most enthusiastic in areas of the earth where the winter is very dark and very long, and the yearning for sun and light was so passionate. Although we now have electricity, and can "see" with the light flick of a switch, we still honor the power and mystery of darkness, both literally and symbolically. We recognize it as a mighty contender to our sense of safety and equilibrium, and we are always anxious until we can see the first flicker of light, the first ray of hope, the first seeds of solution, to any darkness that has invaded our life light. For this reason, celebrating the winter solstice, and the sun's return to our atmosphere, and the longer hours of light, is as appropriate now as ever...maybe more so...regardless of whether or not you follow a more traditional religious observance at this time of the year.
The winter solstice demonstrates the enduring cycle of the heavens by an event that has been directly observable, year in and year out, century after century, for millions of years. The new year begins with the turning point of the winter solstice, as it has down through eons-an unending cycle of dark and light, waning and waxing, ultimately representing nature's birth, death, and rebirth. The winter solstice is a time to affirm our spiritual ties to nature through celebrations and traditions that are thousands of years old.
Whether celebrating Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or Yule, we can all delight in the season as a time to renew family ties, take joy in our natural environment, reflect on the events of the old year, and look forward in anticipation to the new. As the winter solstice demonstrates to us, every ending is a new beginning.
Most of the information in this packet was cut and pasted from:
21 Day Raw Food and Juicing Challenge
Wednesday, Nov 16th, 7pm - The Yabba Pot - 771 Washington Blvd - FREE
* All those interested in participating in this fast need to come to find out the whats and the hows.
* Bring your calendar and your questions.
* Please RSVP
* So far we have about 40 people interested. It would be great to get a group of about 50 all fasting together.
Wednesday, Nov 30th, 6 pm - The Yabba Pot - 771 Washington Blvd - FREE
* Raw Packets, Pick your Buddy, Weigh-yourself
* Use a Small Notebook for Journal Writing
Friday, December 2nd, 6 pm – The Yabba Pot – 771 Washington Blvd - $8 or Bring a Dish
* Specializing in Salads
* Bring a dish or produce to make salads
Sunday, December 4th, 7 am – Leakin Park- FREE
GROUP BRISK WALK (Weather Permitting)
Led by Baba Kauna of Sankofa Dance Theater
Wednesday, Dec 7th, 6 pm – 771 Washington Blvd - $5
REFLECTIONS AND SMOOTHIES –
* Dr. Ian Noel – Speaking on the fundamentals of living on live foods, natural diet, herbs and his practice
* making a variety of delicious smoothies. Bring Fruit for the smoothies.
* Reflecting on the first seven days
* May need a few more blenders.
Friday, Dec 9th, 7 pm - Restaurant to be announced – ($10 – 20)
* How to eat and enjoy a wonderful raw meal while dining out in mainstream America…well, let’s give it a try!
Saturday, Dec 10th, 1 pm - The Yabba Pot - 771 Washington Blvd ($10-20)
BODY WORK AND YOGA
* Learn some healing movements to keep your body flexed
* massage therapists on site, too!
Monday, Dec 12th, 7 pm – The Yabba Pot DownTown – 771 Washington Blvd - $10
REFLECTIONS: We are half way there!
* Raw Food UnCooking with Skai - The Vegan Diva!
* Info on Joining The Village: A Natural Food Co-Operative…And More!
Wednesday, Dec 14th, 6pm - The Yabba Pot - 771 Washinton Blvd - $5
* Learn how to create Indoor winter sprouting garden with ADAM KANDEL
* Adam will be bringing some live! Sprouts to sell
Friday, Dec 16th, 7 pm – The Yabba Pot DownTown- $5 or bring produce to juice
* Come on yall, let juice and dance the night away! Bring some produce to juice. We may need some volunteers to bring their juicers, so we can have enough! Also, bring a musical instrument resembling the drum and we can make some rhythm!
Sunday, Dec 18th, 7 AM –Leakin Park
GROUP BRISK WALK
Led by Baba Kauna of Sankofa Dance Theater
Wednesday, Dec 21st, Winter Solstice - 6pm - The Yabba Pot - 771 Washington Blvd - $15
* Grand Raw Dinner @ The Yabba Pot
* Weigh-yourself again.