Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: That's interesting
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=31578&mesg_id=31639
31639, RE: That's interesting
Posted by the_best_part, Mon Oct-24-05 11:51 AM
>So let me ask U this: if he is shining Light on you, what do
>you offer him? The same? I mean, I think I understand what you
>are saying about "guidance". I think that's what "I" call
>"advice". What about you, though? Can you not, and would you
>not be needed, to offer the same to him? Like, reciprocally?

he teaches me, provides for me(not only financially) and protects me. i reflect his teachings in my ways and actions, i make sure his kingdom(home)is heaven and i support and assist him in everything. he shines his light on me, indeed..and i reflect that light back to him. its like..when we are have a decision to make and i lend my opinion, i may open him up to something he hadn't thought about and has a better outcome. or when we are studying and i tell him in my own words how i see the lesson and it may be a new level he hadn't seen before. and vice versa. and no matter what your culture/religion/beliefs are, we are all vulnerable to 'fallin off' once in a while. if and when things are not adding up (right and exact) it's called to attention, acknowledged and corrected. either i of him or he of me. the main ingredient is reciprocity. it's just a level of honesty, respect and understanding that suprasses things like envy, jealousy, and other ego related emotions.

i understand that the popularity of 'submitting to a man' is low and misinterpretted alot. but folks need to stop being so pre-judgemental and stereotyping. it takes alot more strength, imo, to submit than it does to antagonize in a relationship