Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectto be honest here ....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=3126&mesg_id=3190
3190, to be honest here ....
Posted by les_fleurs, Mon Nov-03-03 04:00 PM
i don't think the poll was biased or anything like that. I am not anti-jewish or semite or israeli whatever you wanna call it. But i think they need to realize that their policy concerning Palestine is not popular. Even if the media doesn't portray the never-ending middle east crisis like they want to, the reality is:
Israel is backed by the US. therefore, they got more power. On the other side we got Palestinians without military equipment. the suicide bomber is the poor's weapon - because they're poor and hopeless.
Now Europeans and people elsewhere realize this. this is why they're obviously agaisn't Israel's way of handling things. The war in Afghanistan, Iraq... the problems with syria and iran just make things look as if Israel and the US are working hand in hand, and that they're objective is to stop violence with violence. Well we know where that policy is leading them in Iraq.
All i'm saying is you don't need to search to far for explanations: reality speaks for itself! I'm not denying that anti-semitism is involved but ... what shocks me is the Israelis, & the Jewish react so strongly about these kind of things all the time! ok it's natural but they make it seem like the whole worlds owes them something, and that nobody should be agaisnt what they're doing or thinking. that is scary...sometimes questioning oneself is good ... i don't feel like they're doing that.
and on the other hand when it's about africans of course nobody gives a fuck...
anyway this is what i think

peace